This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it and how we use it and may share information about you with any 3rd parties.
We will use the personal data provided to us only for its intended purpose, and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Claret Catering Limited (“company”) is a “data controller” and gathers and uses certain information about you and/or your company.
Customer information: This is collected by our events team and anyone else with sales responsibilities including our Director, office manager, operations manager, events organiser, or accounts team.
Data protection principles : We will comply with the data protection principals when gathering and using personal information in a transparent and fair way and we have a lawful basis on processing your information.
About the information we collect and hold
We will collect the following information about you:
- Your name, contact details including your home address, mobile and home telephone numbers and email address
How we will collect this information:
- We may collect this information from you, face to face, email and instant messaging systems, internet facilities, telephone and voicemail and mobile phone records.
- Direct from any of the venues that we work with in the form of a new or potential booking, for our legitimate interest
- From other suppliers who are seeking our services on your behalf
Why we collect the information and how we use it: We typically collect the following information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract with you
- To prepare documents for your wedding, function or event
- We use your information to prepare documents such as function sheets, menus and cost tables as well as our checking tables
- For the purpose of our legitimate interest, but only if these are not over ridden by your interests, rights of freedoms.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate.
We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purpose for which we collect and process it.
How we may share this information: We may be required to share some personal information as required with the law. Information about our customers and/or our suppliers may be passed to our accountants.
Where the information may be held. Information will be held in our locked office in a filing cabinet as well as our company computers which are password protected.
How long we keep your information: We will keep your information in paper format for an obligatory 6 years and accordingly to HMRC and general accountancy practices and otherwise for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information is processed.
Your right to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased: Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in accordance with applicable law if you would like to correct or access information that we have relating to you, or if you have any other questions about this notice. You also have the right to ask our DPO for some, but not all of the information that we hold and process, to be erased (the “right to be forgotten”) in certain circumstances. Our DPO will provide you with further information if you request it.
Keeping your personal information secure: We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How to complain: We hope that our DPO can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal information. However if not, contact the information commissioner at ICO.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone them on 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.